Monday, July 15, 2013

our newest little family member

Hello! I'm sorry for the lack of posting the past 2 weeks... I've been so busy and haven't really had my camera with me much to snap pictures.

One thing keeping Aaron and I busy was the puppy hunt :)
We have been endlessly searching Petfinder and the web in search of a rescue pup to adopt! There were a few breeds we were interested in, as we wanted a big breed that is a great family dog, but also a good protector/guard dog.

After a few let downs (puppies that we desperately wanted to meet got adopted, people not returning emails/calls, etc) we went to a little shelter in the country, about an hour outside of Columbus to see a little Doberman mix...and we fell in LOVE.

She came home with us that day!
Meet Deedee, the newest member of our family <3


She was born May 1st, so is a little over 10 weeks old. I can already tell she's gonna be a big girl! We know her mother was a pure bred Doberman, but not sure what the father was...although her traits seem pretty dominantly Doberman.

She is totally relaxed and mellow and we absolutely love her <3 I'll post more pictures soon!

xx Em

7 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaahhhhhhh! Congrats! What a cutie pie. Does she have a name yet?

    Amy

    http://chalkdustandhighheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! Her name is Deedee ;) A little goofy, but just seemed to fit!

      Delete
    2. Mine are Vegas and Ellie Rose, so I get it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! She's such a sweetie...I have a feeling I'll be posting pics of her all the time! lol ;)

      Delete
  3. My heart is melting! She is so cute!

    www.shewritesherownstory.com xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try my best to get back to each and every one ♥