Thursday, November 26, 2015

thankful

This is the time of year that we are reminded to think on what we are thankful for in our lives, but every year, I can't help but think that I can do better. I should be recognizing and appreciating all that I have on so many more occasions than once a year. So, as I start to ponder on all the blessings I have in my life, I'm making a mental note to make a better effort over the next year...

via

// aaron

He is the first thing that comes to my mind. 
After spending way too long in a terrible relationship, and being completely frusterated at myself for what felt like such a waste of years of my life, I was shown very quickly that there is always a bigger plan - and things happen for a reason. With timing that seems almost too perfect to be true, Aaron swept into my life and showed me what love truly was. There were many things that could've worked against us...age, location, etc...but none of it ever mattered. It's not all picture perfect - we both have strong and stubborn personalities, and we fight like cats and dogs sometimes, but he is my other half and I am his. 

// my dogs

I always knew I liked animals, but I truly never understood the deep love you could have for them until I was blessed with our first rescue dog, Deedee. I feel like a crazy dog lady, but honestly, I don't care. Deedee, and now Dexter too, are so incredibly important to our family and have taught me so much - patience, unconditional love, selflessness...the list goes on and on. I know the day will come where I have to say goodbye to them, and I dread it with all my being, but that gives me all the more reason to appreciate them and love on them every single day while they are still here with me <3

// health

Not just my own... but more importantly, the health of all my immediate loved ones. I have a friend whose mother was diagnosed very recently with stage 4 breast cancer, and when things like that happen it is truly a wake up call to not only take care of ourselves, but to also be grateful for those in our lives that have their health. 

// our jobs

Shocking that this one is on my list, because I'll be honest - I hate my job on a day to day basis. I'm also not fond of Aaron's either since it takes him away for 3-5 days almost every single week. BUT - these jobs have allowed us to buy our beautiful first home, given me the opportunity to complete a graduate education, and givens us the opportunity to work hard each day to provide for our family. 


I hope you have all had a lovely Thanksgiving with your family and friends, and are going to bed with full bellies and full hearts! xx 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try my best to get back to each and every one ♥