Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Drugstore Beauty Picks

Drugstore Makeup Faves


1. Revlon Colorstay Foundation - About $10

This is hands-down one of the best foundations I have ever used. I was using a $45 high-end one (Kevyn Aucoin), but was so sick of paying that much for a bottle that lasted a couple weeks at best. So I tried this, as I had heard such great things about it online...and I've never gone back. This is the only foundation I have used in the past 4 years, and I have no desire to try any other!

2. L'oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black - About $7

Again, another item I started using and haven't strayed from in years. Even when I try another mascara, I still end up putting this on last over top of it ;) I have had so many people ask me what I am wearing because my eyelashes look so thick (in the full sense, not "clumpy"). If you are looking for the ultimate black color...this is for you!

3. Physician's Formula 2-in-1 Eye Booster/Liner - About $10

I found this on Natalie's beauty blog about 6 months ago. (If you are looking for a place to find amazing and thorough reviews on makeup products go check her blog out! It is one of my go-tos!)
This liner works amazingly! I immediately ditched the gel liner when I started using this. The marker lasts forever and the tip is so fine it allows for the perfect, precise line on your lid. Not really noticed anything as far as "boosting" my lashes, but I buy it soley for the liner.

4. Prestige Total Intensity Liner - About $5

I use this for my water line, it is a deep carbon black color and very "charcoal-like", which I love...creates a great smokey eye. Only quam about this is it need reapplied a couple times a day (but honestly, what waterline liner doesn't?)

5. Rimmel Eye Brow Pencil - About $4

Hands down one of the best drugstore buys out there! It is such high-quality for a $4 pencil. I get compliments on my brows all the time and people are shocked when they find out they are actually blonde and I have to color them in darker! (I look like an alien without haha ;) This has a waxy formula that adheres to the brow and DOES NOT MOVE. I have exercised and sweat, been in the rain, rubbed them...it doesn't smudge or come off. But is it a nightmare to remove? Nope! Comes off easily with a little makeup remover or facewash :)

6. E.L.F. Bronzer Blush Duo - $3

Um, awesome price point! But besides that, it is a good product. I only use the bronzer side (I hate the way blush looks on me) and it is the perfect matte color. Not too dark or muddy looking, no shimmer...just right. I've heard good things about some of E.L.F's other products, but this is the only one I've been consistent in repurchasing so far.

7. Rimmel French Tip and Sally Hansen Instadri Polishes - About $4 each

The perfect combo for an at-home french manicure! The Rimmel has a super fine tip, which is necessary for getting a perfect line on your nail tips. The Sally Hansen is a great, thick formula that dries in literally seconds. This is perfect for me because I never have the patience to sit and wait for my nails to dry -- which always, without fail, results in me smudging one (or three). Plus, I don't really like the look of colored polish on my fingernails (small beds, short fingers, just looks odd) so this is really the only nail combo I go for.

8. Aquaphor (Eucerin) Lotion - Any where from $5 - 20

One of the BEST moisturizers. I have super dry skin and this is a thick, super creamy formula, with out any scent or color added. I slather it on my face every night....*NOTE* I would not recommend this if you have oily skin as it is like rubbing the most potent lotion imaginable on your face...obviously wouldn't work for everyone, but amazing on my skin, especially now in the winter.

9. Vaseline - From $1 - 4

This is a necessity for my lips, again especially during the winter. Nothing else seems to do the trick when it comes to keeping them from getting dry and cracked. I also use this around the edges of my nose (which also get dry in winter) and to remove eye makeup at night. It is multi-functional and a huge beauty routine staple for me :)

What are your drugstore favorites?! I love finding out about new products to try! xx

6 comments:

  1. I love l'oreal voluminous...it's my absolute favorite mascara! Aquaphor is amazing as well, I had eczema growing up and this is one of the only things that soothed my poor hands. Thankfully, I grew out of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the best mascara! No need to spend $40 at Sephora when I can spend less than $10 at Target haha! And my step daughter has eczema and we've been using the aquaphor on her arms and it really helps :)

      Delete
  2. I'm spoiled by my sister who works for Bare Escentuals - she is always gifting me makeup! But I am a huge Neutrogena girl when it comes to face washes and make up removers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Bare Essentials!! Especially their loose eyeshadows! Do you have a favorite Neutrogena face wash?? I've always wanted to try them, but there are so many options I don't know which to choose! ;)

      Delete
  3. I keep hearing great things about that vaseline lip treatment! I will have to give in a whirl! Thanks for sharing!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is great! Simple and inexpensive, but works better than most things I've tried! :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try my best to get back to each and every one ♥