Wednesday, June 8, 2016

memorial day weekend

Better late than never? ;)

I definitely failed at getting any blog posts up last week - so over the next few days I will catch up and share what has been going over the past couple of weeks! 

Memorial Day weekend was just awesome. Aaron and I head up to Akron, OH on Saturday and met up with our good friends for a round of golf. We are total beginners, and did pretty poorly - but it was so much fun! Although, I don't think Aaron is going to be allowed to drive the golf cart again any time soon...he treated it more like a go cart! Haha! 


After golf, we all went for dinner at a new place called The Merchant Tavern in an area of Akron we all refer to as "the valley". It was a really cute restaurant - a little pricey, but the food was delicious. I opted for panko crusted fish & chips, while Aaron got the goat cheese mac & cheese. I topped it off with my favorite drink - a Moscow mule.


On Sunday, we had our engagement picture session - finally! If you have been following my posts, we have been trying to get these pictures taken since January, but the weather was never cooperating, so we had multiple reschedules. It was so worth the wait though! Our photographer was AMAZING and despite being a little hot & muggy, we had a great time. And {spoiler} the pictures turned out better than I could have ever imagined :) I'll be sharing a whole post on them soon! 

Here is a sneak peek of my hair & makeup from the session - if you follow me on Instagram, you've probably already seen it. I'll be doing a whole post on how I created the look later this week! 



After pictures, we did a bit of shopping and grabbed ice cream at our favorite spot - Country Maid Ice Cream in Richfield. We had been invited to a Memorial Day cookout with our friends, but we were SO exhausted by late afternoon that we just ate an early dinner and went to bed! #oldfarts 



Monday morning we were up at 3:00 am...yes, you read that correctly. Aaron and his uncle had planned a fishing trip up on Lake Erie, and I was invited to join! His uncle Mark picked us up by 4:00 am and we drove up to Port Clinton. The boat took off at 7:00 am and the ride out was just beautiful. I love the water, so any excuse to be on the lake or ocean, I'll take it! Fishing was actually really fun, even though I was pretty crap at it. In the 7 hours that we were out (7:00 am - 2:00 pm) I caught TWO fish...and both of them were the kind you can't eat hahaha! Mark caught some Walleye though, so we were able to go home with at least something for dinner. 




Aaron and I had such a good time, I think we are planning to go back out again in a couple of weeks. We will do the afternoon trip next time though - no more waking up that early!

After getting back to Akron from fishing, we got right in the car and drove home to Columbus. It was such a great weekend - but we were SO tired! We finished off the holiday weekend snuggling with the dogs and watching Game of Thrones...nearly falling asleep on the couch ;)

2 comments:

  1. mmmm that ice cream looks so good! and your hair and makeup look amazing! congrats on the two fish, bummer you couldn't eat them though. i don't think i would have caught even one! 3am is so early haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! Yay for finally getting your engagement session done! I can't wait to see them! I always dread getting up early to hunt or fish but the beautiful views and serenity are so worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try my best to get back to each and every one ♥