Wednesday, December 21, 2016

cruelty free shaving

cruelty free shaving products

I thought I would do a quick cruelty-free post today and share some great products related to the glorious task of shaving. It can be a pain in the butt to keep up with...but if you have some great products to use, you can turn your shaving time into a pampering session instead of a chore. 






cruelty free razors
via

The best cruelty-free razors available are by Preserve. They are a certified B-Corp that offer 100% recycled household products - including personal razors. I love their 5-blade option, it is just as good (if not better) than the Venus razor I was using for years. They are affordable at only $12.99 and you can buy replacement blades in packs of 4 for $14.99 (which works out to about $3.75 a blade). This is very comparable to any razor you would find in the typical shaving aisle at your local store!



kiss my face


As for shaving cream, there are SO many great options out there. My personal favorites (thus far) have been Dr. Bronner's Lavender Organic Shaving Soap and Kiss My Face Moisture Shave. Dr. Bronner's also has other scents that I can't wait to try including Peppermint, Tea Tree, Lemongrass, and even an unscented option. Kiss My Face also has multiple other scents available, including an fragrance-free option.

These type of shaving creams last so much longer than a typical can of foam, such as the ones that I used to buy from the store like Skintimate and Gillette. You only need small amounts of product, which goes a long way - so in the end, I feel like you totally get your money's worth because you have to replace them much less often.

There are other brands out there to try too - both Alba Botanica and Avalon Organics also have their own line of shave creams. I just haven't had the chance to try any of them out yet, but the Mango Vanilla scent sounds just lovely! 


yes to coconut


After shaving, it is always good to moisturize, so I thought I'd throw in a couple of good body lotion and oil options for you as well! If you just visit the natural aisle in the cosmetics section at your local Target, or the organic section at your local grocery store, you can find so many cruelty free brands! Some of my favorites include J.R. Watkins, Yes To, and EO (not to be confused with EOS, which is not cruelty free).

1 comment:

  1. I've always just used my dove soap to shave because other shaving creams would irritate my skin (I think from the fragrances), but I really like the sound of the Avalon unscented aloe one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try my best to get back to each and every one ♥