Monday, February 13, 2017

Hazel ♥



Well, I had a different post planned for this morning... but last night we suddenly and unexpectedly lost our sweet & grumpy cat Hazel (aka Hazel Basil). It happened so fast, I still can't quite wrap my head around it.


It was so fast and awful, but I am grateful that we were with her to hold her, pet her, and tell her how loved she was while she went. She was old (at least 12 years), and her body just shut down all of a sudden...we are thinking possibly a stroke.

She is already terribly missed.

I will miss waking up to her snuggled right by face. 

I will miss her greeting me on the porch when I pulled up home from work. 
I will miss her little meows to be let in or out the house. 
I will miss hearing her run up and down the stairs like a banshee in the middle of the night.
I will miss her protective patrol of our yard, like she was a guard dog. 
I will miss when she would roll around on her back on the side walk when the sun was out. 
I will miss her stealthy roaming around the yard and plants like she was a wild jungle cat. 
I will miss her sitting in the highest window of the house, watching over the neighborhood like she was the queen of it all. 

I will miss her grumpy but lovely little soul.

5 comments:

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try my best to get back to each and every one ♥