Monday, December 30, 2013

And the hits keep coming...

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a lovely holiday last week :)
Just wanted to do a quick post to why I have been pretty much MIA...

Apart from the holiday festivities/family time taking up most of my week, we had a few more "scares". Doesn't it just seem like bad things always happen in multiples? I swear, I thought we were past it after the health issues earlier this month, but looks like we had more in store.

After a snow storm occured, and then it warmed up and the snow melted, we discovered a huge issue with our house (joys of owing an old home ;) and water was practically pouring in through the second floor bay window. Total nightmare, which we are still in the process of getting fixed through the insurance co.

Then, the worst day ever happened. Just a typical Saturday...and the weather was actually nice, so we took Deedee to the park, like we have so many times before. But this time was different...as soon as we got in, a huge dog came barrelling at her (to play - not in an attacking way) and completely pumpled her. She screamed so loud, it broke my heart. Aaron and I rushed over so fast, but I knew something was wrong...she wouldn't stop crying.

We immediately went to the vet hospital and it turns out she has a broken ankle. Bigger problem - the fracture is into her growth plate. She got a cast put on for Saturday and Sunday, but had to go back and sleep over Sunday night to see the orthopedic surgeon for a consult and CT scan this morning - and about an hour ago it was determined she needs surgery to have a pin put in.

This whole thing has been so upsetting because she has been so scared. I hated not having her home last night - Aaron and I didn't know what to do without her, and now she will be gone even longer because of the surgery. I probably have an ulcer now from how sick I've been over it.

Prayers for my little fur baby for fast healing and that she will be home very soon! <3 <3 <3  

13 comments:

  1. SO sorry that this happened to your puppy. Prayers for a speedy, pain-free recovery. I know what it's like to have a fur baby get seriously injured. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! She should be home tomorrow - I can't wait to see her :))

      Delete
  2. PS Not much is worse than a spam comment. Ugh - annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( Poor baby!!! Awe this makes me so sad for you guys! At least you were able to get her to a vet immediately. Wishing her a full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lady! I'm so glad we live 5 mins from the vet hospital, they have been so great to her :)

      Delete
  4. Oh no! So sorry to hear! Thinking o you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO sorry for you! There is nothing worse than having your pet hurting. Two years ago Jamo was attacked by another dog. He had his face all bit up, and it ended up getting infected. He had to have surgery and had a tube running through the side of his face to drain the abscess. It was awful, remembering it makes me totally empathize with you. Prays to you and your doggy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh that sounds so awful!! I'm so glad he fully recovered :)) Thank you for the prayers - she is home and feeling much better! xx

      Delete
  6. Your poor puppy!!! I remember when a dog kinda sorta attacked Pixie at the dog park and hearing her yelp brought tears to my eyes! I'm glad Deedee isn't more hurt!! They're such our babies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they?! It's so hard seeing them get hurt - she is much better and home recovering now though! :)

      Delete
  7. Oh. My. Goodness. :( Poor baby girl! That just breaks my heart! I pray she will get better soon!!! And I hope no more "scares" happen! You've had enough lately! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! She is home now and feeling much better (although behving a bit too rambunctious for the cast per doctors orders - we need to work on it haha) ;)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try my best to get back to each and every one ♥